Sunday 8 April 2012

In the AMNH

First of all I went to the Hayden Planetarium for a space show - it was beautiful to watch but not for the easily travel sick!







Next came the animal stuff - Leah I wish you had been here as you would have loved it! Heath, you will be glad you missed it!!!!!

I saw the imax film - born to be Wild. It was about raising orphaned elephants and orangutans and had some fabulous footage of them. I'm thinking about changing my vocation...







Then I went to the butterfly garden which was amazing - there were hundreds of different butterflies and moths flying free! It was great!













The huge moth at the top of the photo has a lifespan of only about 4 days!




Translucent wings!



And, after 10 mins like this, I nearly didn't get out...




Last but not least, a quick trip to the hall of ocean mammals to see the counterpart of my favourite exhibit in the NHM London - the blue whale:




I have to say, I like london's whale more than this one but it was still impressive!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds brilliant, can't believe it's only been 5 days since u left - you've done so much! Hope journey back up goes ok tomorro and that the assembly at school goes well :-) nicole asleep and getting up in 3 hours to come and join u! I'm finishing packing tomorro!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *shudder* I can't believe you touched them...

    ReplyDelete